It moves.. it sounds.. and at times you even see dancing
Yes for sure, something is happening here in HOPEnhagen, one of the delegates said, rushing from one meeting to another. There are hundreds of meetings, agendas, thousands of delegates gathered around one big issue. No matter who you talk to they all have their own point of view, and so do I. We all have our own background and our own goals and, just a bit, different opinions on how to get there. But we all have HOPE. Welcome to HOPEnhagen!


And just like you said Alice, this many people in one place makes a big crowd. It was a little more complicated to get in here than the regular security check at the airport, even harder than at Gardermoen in Oslo, where I guess Obama will pass through before he comes here. Well to make a long story shorter, after waiting in line for a little more than an hour I was registered, got my photo taken and received my UNFCCC security badge, so now I can come and go as I like.
After a few more minutes getting rid of my jacket, I headed for the Print Centre to get the Daily Program "Part One" and then on to the information desk to grab a map. After a quick look in the program I rushed on to the first meeting. To be honest, I should have taken a few minutes, maybe with one of these ecological cafe lattés with a small dark Fairtrade chocolate on the side, but you know me, I’m here for the meetings so meetings comes first. I will be done here by about 21.00 tonight and have an early start tomorrow so I will come back with more reflections later in the week.Oh, I almost forgot, even though this is an important and serious meeting, you do see people singing and dancing in the corridors. The place is full of energy, human environmental friendly energy!
/ Anders @ COP15
PS. I will grab that café latte later tonight when I walk home to my hotel.


1 Comments:
Sounds great! Looking forward to see ya soon,
/Alice
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home